A lewd or lascivious battery conviction can have very serious direct and indirect consequences, including a harsh prison sentence, costly and intrusive treatment, and registration as a sex offender. If you are facing a lewd or lascivious battery charge then it is critical to have an attorney with a proven track record in defending against sex crime charges. Defense attorney Jeff Dean has that record and is widely regarded as one of the most successful attorneys in this area of the law. Jeff Dean has won:
- DISMISSALS of charges alleging sexual contact with a child;
- DISMISSALS of charges alleging solicitation of a child for sex;
- NOT GUILTY verdict in case involving sex with minors;
- DISMISSALS in numerous lewd conduct and indecent exposure cases;
- DISMISSALS and NOT GUILTY verdicts in cases alleging non-consensual sexual contact;
- DISMISSALS of child pornography charges;
- Child pornography convictions OVERTURNED on appeal and charges DISMISSED.
- Convictions for solicitation of a child for sex OVERTURNED on appeal and charges DISMISSED.
- Repeatedly PREVENTED DEPORTATION for immigrants facing sex crime charges.
For your specific situation, Mr. Dean will develop the best defense strategy and he will fight for a win. Under the law you are presumed innocent. Because you have been charged with lewd or lascivious battery does not mean you are guilty.
Protect your rights, call Jeff Dean at (305) 967-6311 or (954) 204-3633
Lewd or lascivious battery falls under a sex crime. Any sex crime involving a minor is considered a serious felony offense that can turn your world upside down. You will be facing prison time and you may be registered as a sex offender, meaning life after serving your sentence can be a lot harder. You may find it difficult to return to the normalcy of society and you may have trouble finding work, housing and more. Avoiding a lewd and lascivious battery conviction is the most important thing at this stage and with Jeff Dean, this is what we will focus on.
Jeff Dean is a successful Miami sex crime defense lawyer. Not only has he successfully won several cases involving sexual battery but he also brings dedication to each case. He pulls on previous cases all the while gathering new evidence and ensuring that every defense avenue has been explored. Every case is unique and every outcome is based on a number of factors, including the attorney you choose to work with.
Call Jeff Dean at (305) 967-6311 or (954) 204-3633 for your best defense.
Lewd and Lascivious Battery Accusations in South Florida
If you have been arrested of lewd and lascivious battery, then this means that you have been accused of:
- Engaging in sexual activity with a person over the age of 12 but under the age of 16
- Have forced or enticed a person under the age of 16 to engage in a sexual act including prostitution, sexual bestiality or other sexually abusive behavior
Even if you were not aware that the person was under the age of 16, you can still be charged with this crime. However, there are various defenses you can pursue. Jeff Dean will explore the various options depending on your particular circumstances.
Sexual Battery Charge Conviction Penalties
If you are prosecuted for lewd and lascivious battery then you could be looking at a second degree felony depending on the circumstances. A second degree felony comes with up to 15 years in prison and $15,000 in fines. You will also be registered as a sex offender for life which can negatively impact your future, even after you have served your time.
Regardless of the circumstances, regardless of the evidence against you and regardless of your previous criminal record, Jeff Dean can help.
Contact Fort Lauderdale & Miami sex crime attorney Jeff Dean today at (305) 967-6311 or (954) 204-3633.